On August 5, 2023, Our College has inaugurated Unnat Bharat Abhiyan, a flagship programme by Ministry of Education. Prof. J.Emmanuvel, AICUF( PO) welcomed the gathering. Our college correspondent Rev.Fr.Dr.S.Sebastian Periannan delivered the Presidential Address. Our College Principal Dr. P.Philominathan felicitated the gathering and introduced the Unnat Bharat Abhiyan’s objectives. Mr.C.Sekar, President of Inathukanpatti , Mrs. T.Mercy Thairiyam, President of Mappilayanakanpatti, and Mr. M. Sahaya Lawrence , President of Munnaiyampatti were the chief Guest of the programme. This inaugural function was organized by Prof. X.Francisca Familial Sanetae, UBA Co- Ordinator organized the inaugural function. Nearly 50 NSS, NCC, AICUF and UBA volunteers participated in this function.
To involve the reputed higher educational (Technical/ Non- Technical/ Private) of the country in the process of indigenous development of self- sufficient and sustainable village clusters.
In accordance with the above-mentioned vision, Unnat Bharat Abhiyan will strive to pursue the following;
- Develop the necessary mechanism and proper coordination among educational institutions, implementation agencies 9 District administration / Panchayati Raj Institutions) and the grass root level stakeholders to enable effective intervention at the field level.
- Select suitable rural clusters and effectively participate in the holistic development of these clusters using eco-friendly sustainable technologies and local resources creating sufficient employment opportunities in the process, harnessing multifarious government schemes, Customized use of existing technologies and use of knowledge as pr the local needs, to improve the livelihood of the rural masses will be the key intervention.
- Reorienting the academic curricula and research programs in higher educational institutions to make them more in alignment with the local needs to bring in holistic development.
- To engage the faculty and students of Higher Educational Institution in understanding rural realities.
- To identify & select existing innovative technologies, enable customization of technologies, or devise implementation method for innovative solutions, as per the local needs.
- To leverage the knowledge base of the institutions to devise processes for effective implementation of various government programmes.
||Dr. P. Philominathan, Principal
||Prof. X. Francisca Familial Sanetae
||Dr. P. Sathish
Prof. X. Francisca Familial Sanetae,
Assistant Professor of English,
Annai Vailankanni Arts and Science College, Thanjavur-07
E-mail : email@example.com
Phone : 04362 - 230434, 231434 (Office)