- committee was constituted by the governing body of Diocese of Tanjore society with the aim to start an Arts and Science College. The Committee reported the feasibility to start an Arts and Science College
- Rev. Fr.U.John Joseph Sundaram was appointed as the First Correspondent.
- Rev. Fr. P Amirtharaj was appointed as the First Administrator of the College.
- Dr.Cecilia Pandian appointed as Principal.
- Received the Approval of Government of Tamil Nadu to start the College
- The College started to function temporarily at V.O.C Nagar Thanjavur.
- Started UG Programmes B.A (English), BBA (Business Administration), B.Sc (Computer Science), B.C.A. and B.Sc. (Information Technology)
- Approval to Construct a New Building in Bishop Sundaram Campus
- A new building was constructed and the College was established at Bishop Sundaram Campus.
- Started the UG Programmes B.Sc Mathematics, Visual Communication and B.Com.
|2011 || |
- Started UG Programme B.Sc (Physics)
- Commencement of PG Programmes in M.A (English) M.Sc (Computer Science)
|2013 || |
- Started UG Programme in the Department of Commerce-B.Com (Computer. Applications) and PG programme Commerce (M.Com)
- Commencement of PG Programmes M.Sc (Mathematics)
|2015 || |
- Dr.P. Devanesan appointed as Principal.
- Started PG Programme M.Sc. (Physics) and Commencement of M.Phil Programmes in Departments of English and Commerce. Started Ph.D Research Center in the Department of English.
- Rev. Fr. S. Arockiadoss was appointed as the new Administrator.
- Started PG Programme M.Com Computer Appications in the Department of Commerce Computer Applications.
- Commencement of M.Phil programmes in the Department of Computer Science and Mathemetics.
- Started Ph.D Research Center in the Department of Commerce.
- Blessings and Inauguration of Bishop Devadass Ambrose Block (Arts Block) by the Bishop Most Rev. Dr. M. Devadoss Ambrose.
- Commencement of new programme B.Com (Bank Management) Commencement of M.Phil. in the Department of Business Administration.
|2018 || |
- UGC Grants Recognition Under Sections 2 (f) & 12 (B)
- Rev. Fr. Dr. S. Sebastian Periannan was appointed as the New Correspondent.
- Started B.Sc Programmes in the Department of Zoology and Botany.
- Commencement of M.Phil in the Department of Physics.
- Started two UG Programmes B.A (Tamil) and B.Sc (Chemistry).
- Started Ph. D Research Centre in the Departments of Mathematics and Computer Science.
|2021 || |
- Dr.P. Philominathan appointed as Principal.
- Started National Cadet Corps (NCC) Boys. (Strength of 100) Started Annai Vailankanni Informatics Centre-Server, Website with edu.in domain
- Availability of Free Wifi Fibre connectivity for staff and students (unlimited data).
- Started Annal Vailankanni Arts & Science College Training Centre (No.LM/XB/222/E/833), for National Skill Development Cooperation (NSDC), Govt of India.
- Lifetime membership in Xavier Board of Higher Education in India (XBHEI), Bangalore. Prestigious Member in ICT Academy.
- Signing of Bilateral MOU's of International and National Univerisities / Institutions.
- Participation of Student in the International Event Championship under 20 at USA.
- Got permanent affiliation for 11 programmes from Bharthidasan University.
- Rev. Fr. M.Arone was appointed as the new Administrator.